Herding Cats

4.01.2009

Look What I Found At Walmart!


Well I finally took down my Christmas tree. Yes I know it's March 1st, so call the holiday police. I liked having the lights come on every night right before I got home from work and going off not long after I went to bed. I spent 3 days with an empty corner and then came THE BRANCH.

I went up to WM at lunch time and parked right in front of this huge branch someone had broken off one of the trees, I told myself if it was still there when I came out it was coming home with me. (Duh! who else would be looking for a huge branch?) sure enough it was still there so I crammed it into the module and brought it home. I sawed off the bottom to make it level and ran a 3" decking screw through a piece of laminated wood (dumpster dive at the custom closet place) and into the branch to hold it upright, and I now have a tree in the corner of my living room. I would like to put tiny white lights on it and set up the timer, but for now it is perfect the way it is.

No comments: