Herding Cats

4.29.2009

Got a Grill



well after exhaustive research I decided on a grill - The City Grill by Outdoorchef. It got great reviews everywhere I looked at it and was voted best portable gas grill at about.com. Most importantly it gets REALLY hot. the problem with small gas grills is that if you have 30 minutes to wait for a hamburger to cook no problem, but it shouldn't take that long! small gas grills suffer from no power, usually, not this baby - it gets up to 400 degrees in about 3 minutes. Check out the website http://www.outdoorchefusa.com/ for more info about how it works.


I'm using it on my screened in back porch to keep from having to grill in the dark or get eaten up by mosquitos, and since it doesn't have the flare up problem regular grills have and it cooks very quickly with the lid on most of the time, I feel comfortable doing that. Of course I have it on a cart that I roll close the the outer edge of the porch to keep it away from the house as much as possible. So far so good, we (Mom, Paul and I) have grilled 4 meals over the past week and they all have been great. Last night we made pizza and I was thrilled with how fast and easy it was. Lovin the grill. I know charcoal is the only way to 'really' grill, but I think it's a huge pain in the butt to wait a half an hour to get coals going and then cook for only 7 or 8 minutes. what a waste.

No comments: